Friday, February 20, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY!



For Valentine's Day this year the men took it upon themselves to do something special for us!  Russell, Scott and Jared had a planning meeting together Thursday night, shopped for the food on Friday, and made a spectacular dinner for us on Saturday (Valentine's Day)!  When we arrived at Jared's parents house that night, the table was set nicely with candles and red roses for the center piece.  They seated us and served us the entire night.  We began with P.F. Changs lettuce wraps.  I do have to say, they were excellent!  We then had king crab legs, followed by salmon over asparagus and angle haired pasta with cream sauce.  The presentation was awesome!  Dessert was delicious! We had chocolate ice cream rolled in heath bar, vanilla ice cream rolled in coconut, and a strawberry topped with melted chocolate and whip cream.  I was so impressed with such an awesome job the boys did!  We will have to make it a tradition! 

10 comments:

Richards Family said...

Wow! Tell Jared I am way impressed. What good guys! My mouth is watering just looking at all the food!! I better go get a snack!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Jared! I am sure that earned him some brownie points! Looks like a fabulous meal and a nice time with family. That treehouse museum looks like a great place to take your kids, how fun!

Jessica Petersen said...

Awesome! What a wonderful Valentines! That dessert looks soooo good.

JO said...

wow, Jared wins the husband of the year award. What a thoughtful group of guys. We miss you here in CA

Beckey said...

I'm pretty impressed! What a fun Valentine's Day!

The Bing's said...

wow... I think everyones husbands need to read this post and take pointers for next year! sounds like a wonderful evening with such delicious looking food!!!

Kierstin said...

Holy cow! ok, now I am completely impressed. that is awesome

Mrs. Budge said...

That is amazing. The food looks like it came from a 5 star gourmet restaurant, and the men are still smiling! That was incredibly thoughtful.

Nances said...

Hello! We were lucky girls:) That was such a fun night. I will have to get some of your photos they turned out great.

Spjut Family said...

When I kept checking your blog I would see the Christmas family picture and didn't realize you've updated it. It was fun to look back and catch up. Your kids are so cute. Shawn and I need to come up and visit soon, plus stop off at the dentist office as well.