Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mayan Riviera Vacation!

For Christmas this year Jared surprised me with a vacation to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico. We left on December 28. It was quite the rush getting ready to go with the busy holidays, but it was worth it! We have been married for almost 10 years and haven't been on a vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon. Jared did a wonderful job planning and even finding babysitters for the entire week. We stayed at a quiet all inclusive couples resort on the beach. It was so peaceful and beautiful! We spent most of the time relaxing and reading at the resort. The snorkeling was awesome! We saw about 10 sea turtles, a barracuda the size of me, stingray, puffer fishes, and hundreds of other beautiful fish. We went kayaking, played beach volleyball, visited the Tulum ruins, Akumal beach, shopped in Playa Del Carmen, drank lots of frozen drinks, and ate wonderful food! We had a 5 course dinner at a different fancy restaurant every night. The presentation of the food was awesome! We even brought in the New Year on the beach with mechanical bull riding, a live band and fireworks. We had such a wonderful time! It was hard to say goodbye to the warm weather and return to the cold, but we were excited to see the kids again!









10 comments:

The Super Seven said...

Sounds and looks like you had an awesome trip!! Great job in all the planning Jared.....I'm sure it was a fun surprise. Jeff and I are going away in May to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We've never been away from all the kids at once so it should be a fun time for us. I know though by 10 days I'll be ready to see them again.

Anonymous said...

Jealous!!! What a guy! Kim you look so good.

The Full Nelson said...

sounds like a great vacation!! I'm jealous too!! Glad that you were able to get have a get away and bring in the New Year in the sun!

Tamara Moses said...

Wow! What a surprise! Looks like you had an amazing trip. We're headed to the other side of Mexico next month. Can't wait to feel the heat! YOu guys look so good.

Jackie O'Hearon said...

Hello Kim...just got caught up on your blog.....way to go Jared!!! Looks like a perfect gift. Can't believe how much the kiddies have grown. All the best..

Nances said...

You guys deserved it--I'm glad you had so much fun. Love your pics from Christmas--I have such cute nephews and a neice!

Laura Dunford said...

You two are super cute and your trip looked like SO much fun! Miss you guys ..feel free to come on back here to visit :)

Kierstin said...

That looks awesome! I am so glad you had a great time... It makes me miss my tropical time with my sweetie.

JO said...

good for you guys. I am a little envious, but happy you love birds were able to get away. miss your cute fam

Spjut Family said...

what an amazing trip. You look beautiful-- I am so glad you two had a great time.